Thanksgiving is a big deal!

As Thanksgiving approaches, one of the most celebrated of the U.S. holidays,
we all get excited about food and fun times.
A wonderful meal shared with family and friends, lots of football games, the Macy's
Thanksgiving day parade, and shopping, shopping, shopping,
await us
and we look forward with anticipation.
Have you noticed that the Food Network channel is full of Thanksgiving cooking programs?
On one program Food Network  answered the top 10 Thanksgiving cooking dilemmas
We Americans take our Thanksgiving cooking and eating
seriously.
Folks still struggle with properly cooking a turkey or making a proper pie,
even cranberry sauce questions were sent in to Food Network.
I love that we have a holiday where we are all so concerned about making the meal
just right,
And I am sure you have noticed the adds from linen stores where the sale of tablecloths and gravy boats abound.
Let's get this right people,
make sure you have a proper turkey platter and a gravy boat!
What fun.
For me, I have narrowed down our favorite recipes and put them all together as "our" Thanksgiving meal,
Turkey
Dressing (after all I am a Southern Girl) with Gravy
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Creamed Corn
Biscuits (the Southern thing once again.)
Jello Salad (see above)
A variety of pie. (We are not big pumpkin fans here so I will have several.)
And the cranberry sauce from a can with the lines still on it.
(My favorite sauce, tangy, yummy on the old sandwich the next, my family loves me because they indulge me on this. Are you reading this Tay, my other daughter? I knew I loved her when I saw her walking around my daughter's college dorm eating the sauce right out of the can with a fork!)
I am looking forward to cooking some old favorites and sharing them with family and friends. 
And that darn Food Network  program has pushed me to make
a fresh green bean casserole;
I have to,
as an American it is my proper duty to constantly improve the Thanksgiving meal.
So whether you are whipping up
Paula Deen's mashed potatoes
or Martha's,
Happy Thanksgiving! Be thankful and blessed and enjoy the day!
What a great way to start the Christmas holiday season by pausing to take a day of thanks.
Two holidays, double the blessings to you all!
What Thanksgiving foods or traditions do you enjoy?

Comments

Popular Posts