Be All In

I recently saw a sign at the Auburn vs. Clemson game.
The Auburn sign said "Auburn All In"
I had just been thinking about this concept.
I have felt lately that a lot of us are not "all in"
and maybe it is my own conscience that needs prompting.
What do I mean by "all in" ?
"All in" to me means putting all of my energy and effort into what I am doing,
my relationships, my chores, my commitments.
Sharing life together.
Taking a risk for the greater good.

What I have noticed is that a lot of us are not "all in" in our relationships.
We are fearful and we hold ourselves back.
Let's just get this on the table, someone has hurt all of us.
And it will happen again.
But, do I not share, do I not risk human relationship because of past hurts?
Do I put up a shield that is so thick that the star fleet could not get through?
The only answer, for me,  is to ask God to heal my hurts,
He is big and He can handle it,
and then forgive and move on.
No, that person who hurt you may never come falling at your knees and beg for your forgiveness but, when I do not forgive, I am held in bondage to unforgiveness, not them.
I have seen unforgiveness stack up in a peoples lives
and it is not pretty.

When we don't share our lives with others, when we hold back, we miss out on so much
Our friendship "community" is the stuff life is made of.
All of this "work" of life, this is it folks, this is the currency of life.
We all, apart from Christ, are rude and nasty people.
As Beth Moore once said; "If you really knew me, you would not like me anyway."
Is that not true of all of us deep down inside?
And we all make mistakes that hurt people. Most of us are not malicious we are just bumbling humans who sometimes are thoughtless and say and do dumb things.

Let's share, let's be forgiving of a persons faults like we would want our faults to be forgiven.
And then like the Auburn football team, let's just go for it.
Let's be all in!




Comments

  1. Excellent message.
    You are a good neighbor & friend.
    You have always allowed me to do this ~ over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgiveness is a gift to the offended - some people don't understand that forgiveness and restoration don't always go hand in hand. Unfortunately, for too long I thought forgiveness meant re-engaging with those who had hurt me repeatedly, but that's not God's design. I don't carry a grudge, nor desire revenge - but I'll not be subject to repeated abuse in those situations.

    Ditto what Bonnie S said about you being a good "neighbor and friend". I cannot imagine life without you. You are appreciated and loved immeasurably. Thank you for the freedom I have to share openly. Just one of many reasons you're a BFF of mine. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are really sweet. You both bless my life. I do want to be all in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts