Travel tips for the young at heart!

I am so fortunate to travel with my dear husband. He brings me along when he can and he loves to show me the world and from someone who wanted to be a flight attendant but never made it, I gleefully come along.

Recently we went back to the Nordics, Malmo Sweden and Copenhagen Denmark. The Nordic countries, no doubt, are my favorite places of those I have visited!
(view of City Hall, Copenhagen from inside famous Tivoli gardens)

 I am so astonished when people say "Really, the Nordics? That is your favorite place?" I don't know if they have pictured in their minds of dogs pulling snow sleds, or the Ice Bar in Stockholm? But of the places I have been, the Nordics have stolen my heart. The people are friendly, the scenery is beautiful, the sense of economy (especially the Swedish), is just amazing and astounding and I cannot wait to explore the next Nordic locale.

When I take these trips I am always asked for travel tips. I'm no highly seasoned veteran but I have made mad dash concourse runs in JFK, taken a Taxi at 4 am in Stockholm, hung my wet clothes all over my hotel in Paris (I think my suitcase sat on the tarmac during a monsoon for that outcome), blown the breaker of a whole hotel floor with my curling iron in Prague, lets just say, I've had some experiences!

I thought I would just share two small tips I learned from my most recent trip.
 These little items made my trip better! Here's what I learned;

I finally broke down and bought one of the $7.00 * toiletries kits. Wow, where has this been ALL my life?
(Travel sized toiletry kit in convenient little bag.)

Those are all my lotions and potions, minus toothpaste, in one small convenient bag. 
Perfect! Especially since you DO have to separate your liquids for international TSA. Easy to carry. Easy to pack. A great little travel item that I had been missing.

(Comfortable sleep mask and fuzzy socks)

My personal sleep mask from home, its soft and comfy! If you want to take a nap on a daytime flight, pull this little gem out and voila, it is nap time.
Fuzzy socks, let me  preface by saying, if my feet are comfortable, I am comfortable. I put these on in the plane, walk around or snooze in comfort. I take one for the trip over, one for the hotel, and one for my return flight. And no I am NOT re-wearing them from any of those places (except for nights in the hotel. Comfy feet, happy camper! (for me at least) This tip may not speak to you but feet comfort is top tier for me.
On the subject of feet, I carry two pair of shoes. Two because if one gets wet I have a spare. Two, that's it. This is not a fashionista event for me so two is plenty. Trust me, no one is looking at my feet in Copenhagen.
I took too many items to Copenhagen, a hair dryer, not needed, a curling iron, I couldn't use due to lack of a converter. (See aforementioned blowing of fuse in Prague) My husband has flying privilege status so we do check our bags. But do not pack anything more than you want to roll or carry. On my return trip I was by myself so I gate checked my bag but still, I was on my own with my bag schlepping through the airport. What are you willing to carry yourself? For me it is not too much or too heavy for me to lift that's for sure.
Those are my top two tips from Copenhagen.
I will post later about Tivoli gardens and some of the other sites we saw in Copenhagen.
Also I will talk about Malmo and Sweden too.
Fun to share here with you, hopefully my little tips help someone.
More updates to follow.
Happy travels friends!


Comments

Popular Posts