Change of lattitude prompts a change in attitude.

Boulder Falls, Boulder CO
I have been so blessed to be able to travel. I have seen many wonderful places here and abroad. While my husband and I had a recent little getaway it prompted my thinking. We so often need a little change in locale to adjust our thinking.

You do not have to travel far to get a break and a rest. I find that so often if I take a little break in my little town I come home refreshed. Do you ever just stop and go to the coffee shop? (You know the one I mean the very famous one! What did I do before they came to town?) Sometimes just one cup of coffee and a 10 minute break prompts a complete refreshing and a change of attitude. Do you ever take a longer break? Let's say to do something you love. Sometimes I drive to the next town, walk through my favorite antique store. I rarely buy anything. I give my mind a break and come home refreshed.

Now I know that taking a break  requires a bit of time but aren't you worth it? I hear the mantra over and over again "I'm stressed" "I am super busy" well friends, we all are! It is the nature of the fast paced world we live in.  The laundry will wait. For the most part, so will the e-mail. And you know some of us need to exercise our NO muscle a bit. Trust me, the universe won't fall apart if you take a little break. We need to be conscience of always being on the run or moving on to the next task. Our minds and bodies need a break. We often need a break just to spark some creativity.

So, take a break. Do something your heart desires. Maybe just walk around the block. nourish yourself just a bit and your performance and creativity will be enhanced.

Go on, you're worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts