My favorite Christmas book!

I have quite a collection of Christmas books but hey,
 that should be expected from a homeschool mom!

My favorite little Christmas book is;
"A Cup of Christmas Tea"
by Tom Hegg

In the story the nephew reluctantly goes to visit His aging aunt
on the old and shabby side of town.
He musters up the strength
and makes the trek.
His aunt opens the door and
"Before my eyes and ears and nose was Christmas past...alive...intact."
His aging aunt has kept Christmas alive
through her aging decorations all too familiar to the nephew.
And what he saw was;
"I saw a Christmas miracle, a triumph of the soul."
So the trappings were minor 
but the Christmas the aunt kept in her heart
was triumphant.
The love and true meaning of Christmas was kept in an old house
in the shabby part of town
by a dear aunt who understood
the meaning of Christmas
and it radiated through this dear soul.

Maybe you have a grandmother or aunt whose house you long to go to.
A memory of a place that transports you back
to a love that triumphs.
I hope you do.
I know I do.
And if you are far away from that time or place,
"A Cup of Christmas Tea"
might just transport you back,
if only for a moment.
Merry Christmas
and
have a cup of Christmas tea!


Comments

Popular Posts