Remembering. September 11, 2015

As I sat on the porch feeling a cool breeze this morning, I was contemplating all that this day, 9-11,  means, praying for those who lost loved ones, whose lives were forever changed. I heard a plane flying overhead and my heart and gut just sank. That day changed our country and many lives forever.  I sat praying for those who suffered great loss. I sat praying for all those soldiers who everyday keep a watch to ensure our freedom. (Including our family's two young Marines) I sat praying for those first responders, firemen, police, EMT"s who keep a watch everyday as well and to those brave New York and New Jersey men and women who when they heard the call of catastrophe, ran, sped, to help. A breech happened in our wall that day in NY, PA and the Pentagon. I cannot explain that in any way, all I can offer is that we do honor and salute those who serve and served that day. I pray for those hurting will find comfort. 

God sees. God knows. He has not forgotten.

Isaiah 41: 10-13 (The Amplified Bible, Expanded Edition. Copyright 1987 Zondervan)
"Fear not (there is nothing to fear), for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My (victorious) right hans of rightness and justice.
11 Behold all they who are enraged and inflamed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; they who strive against you shall be as nothing and perish.
12 You shall seek those who contend with you but shall not find them; they who war against you shall be as nothing, nothing at all.
13 For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord Who says to you, Fear not ; I will help you."




Comments

Popular Posts