My labs are lovely to me.

I am a dog person. Anyone who knows me knows this. I have found my breed - the Labrador retriever. I have had other dogs but nothing grabs my heart like my labs.
The grand dame Abby, a black pure bred is 11 years old. I dread the day when she is no more. She is protective and faithful and true. No one will hurt me when she is around. She is a graceful lady who crosses her legs when she sits. She...is regal.
Then comes the baby, my chocolate lab, Harper Lee. Yes, she is named for the famous author of "To Kill a Mockingbird Fame" Don't ask me why or how, it just fits. She is the lover of all and has never met a stranger. She runs at full throttle and has a zest for life.  Chocolates are not known for being as smart as all the rest but Harper Lee exceeds them all. She looks to my eyes to see her next move.  And I swear if she could talk, she would.
In my eyes, God has met my need for nurture in the majestic beautiful creatures. They love and they are faithful, asking very little in return.
What have the girls taught me about God? Well, through loving one another we are fulfilled. Basic, simple, love as you desire to be loved. That love will return to you multiplied. Give to the meek and you will be blessed. Be faithful and true in your friendships and all will be well.
I wonder if there will be dogs in Heaven? I hope so or else I will miss my girls.
Abby Gale
Harper Lee

Comments

Popular Posts