I have a reading plan and did not even know it.

I read more in the summer than any other time of year.
I do not know why.
And it does not make sense.
It seems like one would read more in the long dark hours of winter.
But for some reason, summer just is reading time for me.
I have noticed a pattern.
I get stuck on a subject or theme or author
and focus on that all summer.
Over the past few summers I have read:
  • Books about Russia and Russian History
  • John Adams
  • The Chronicles of Narnia
  • And now the author Willa Cather 
  • plus "The Help", popular fiction thrown in the mix
I read a lot of classics in college
but missed out on the titles above.
I have also recently read all of the novels by
Charles Martin.

I never realized that I had themes.
And I never realized I read so much in the summer.
What about you.
What do you read?
Do you have a reading plan?
What have you read lately that you have enjoyed?

Comments

Popular Posts