Is creation what it appears to be?

As I looked out my window this morning, I saw it, I saw creation in all it's glory. But is it...is it really revealing all the glory God meant it to have? The beautiful green grass and the clear blue sky felt somehow, diminished. I hear and have read of the New heaven and the New earth. 

Revelation 21:1-3

New King James Version (NKJV)

 I hear that we look now as through a glass dimly.


1 Corinthians 13:11-13

New King James Version (NKJV)

 Today, I felt that the green I was seeing was not all the green that it was meant to be. No heavy heart nor any great burden here I just wonder are things REALLY as I am seeing them? I feel not. This fallen world is diminished. Creation is beautiful but I know something is missing. I feel it. The creation in all her glory is tainted by the fall and we are missing out. We are missing out on all that God meant it to be. The green, is not as green as it once was or one day again will be. The blue, well, it is missing something too. The fall tainted it, tainted us. In the new heaven we will see the creation in all its glory as it was meant to be.




 For now if we see creation as it is we are pushed or maybe pulled into feeling that there is more. 

That there is a unseen world that we cannot see and yet we desire to be a part of that world.

I want to see the city on a hill.
I want to be the city on the hill.


Matthew 5:13-15

New King James Version (NKJV)

The heavens are speaking.
They are declaring.
Are we, mere mortals
listening?

Psalm 19[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

The heavens declare the glory of God; 
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge. 
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice[b] goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world. 






Comments

  1. Until we have firsthand witness to Perfection, we get just a glimpse. For you, one who has such an appreciation of floral beauty, the glimpse must be more powerful than for some. This morning - I found myself captivated by the Robin's nest with 3 of 4 "babies" inside -eagerly anticpating the hatching of the 4th. It turned out to be a worshipful experience, one that reminded me of the intricate details of our Creation. It serves also as a reminder: if He cares so lovingly for the Robin, imagine how He loves us. (I love you.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts